Refuse & Recycling Guide & Regulations
- On collection days, all garbage and recyclables must be at the curbside by 8:00 am.
- Garbage pick up is on Tuesdays & Fridays depending on area. Contact the Town office to confirm your garbage day.
- Recycling pick up is on Wednesdays.
- Only 2 garbage bags are allowed per home on garbage day. Stickers can be purchased at the Town office for any extra bags for a $1.00 each.
- Unlimited curbside recycling pick up is available on a weekly basis every Wednesday.
- Recycling must be in a clear plastic bag. Plastic products in one bag and all other items in another bag is preferable.
- Should garbage day or recycling day fall on a holiday, the pick up will usually be the day following the holiday.
- Any grass clippings must be in a paper yard bag and can be placed out on Wednesdays with your recycling.
- Recycling will be picked up first. Public Works will pick up grass clippings after the recyclables have been picked up.
General Recycling Rules
- All recycling must be in a clear plastic bag.
- All containers must be empty, clean and dry with no food residue.
- Lids and caps must be removed but can still be recycled.
- Paper and cardboard materials must be dry.
- Shredded paper must be bagged separately.
- No styrofoam, kleenex, paper towels or used paper plates.
- No foil wrapping paper or bags (regular wrapping paper is acceptable).
- No #3 or #6 plastics.
- No chip bags, plastic wrap, bubble wrap or film plastic.
- If it can be squashed or flattened, please do so.
- Paint cans, aerosol cans, oil containers used oil, fluorescent bulbs, electronics and hazardous waste can be taken to the RM Transfer Station located on PR 520 just south of PR 313. There is no charge for these items. Ph: 204-345-4259.
- newspapers, magazines, flyers, calendars, phone books, catalogoues, office paper
- boxboard - cereal and cracker boxes, greeting cards
- #1, #2, #4, & #5 plastics
- aluminum and tin cans
- glass bottles, jars, dishes
- milk cartoons, juice boxes
- corrugated cardboard
Your Community Recycler
79 - 2nd Street
Lac du Bonnet
Phone (204) 345-9855
Monday - Friday
9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Open to local and non local residents with 24/7 drop off available
Electronic Waste Curb-Side Pick-up Procedures
Curbside pick up of electronic waste is collected on regular scheduled garbage days. Each electronic waste requires a $2.00 sticker which can be purchased at the Town office.
- computer cables with or without connectors
- computer cards such as sound, video, network, modems and controllers
- circuit boards from computers, printers, fax machines and scanners
- internal/external cd-rom's, dvd, cd-rom burners, external modems
- electronic typewriters
- hard disks & floppy drivers
- laptops, laptop parts, accessories, chargers, cables and cords
- networking equipment, cards, hubs, routers, switches & cabling
- personal computers, cpu, monitors, keyboards, mouse & peripherals
- cassette and reel-to-reel tape players/recorders
- mobile radios & frs phones
- television and stereo remotes
- game decks - play station, xbox, nintendo, etc
- cell phones & chargers
- pagers & answering machines
- stereos, television & entertainment equipment, microwaves
- household batteries weighing less than 5 kg placed in separte bag with your recycling
- nickel cadmium
- nickel metal hydride
- lithium ion
- nickel zinc
- small sealed lead acid
- lithium primary
- alkaline - AA, AAA, 9V
- cell phone batteries
Crushed glass is available for $2.00 (loading fee) per 850 kg bag or free to scoop yourself at Environmental Options. Pick up only
Chipping Policy - May to September
Town residents may drop off their yard waste - branches, leaves and grass clippings only (no pressure treated or painted wood) at the old lagoon site off Provincial Road 502 adjacent to the Arseniuk Wild Rice Plant.
Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 3:00 pm (closed all statutory holidays that fall on a Monday)
Saturdays 8:00 am to 12:00 pm
The Town of Lac du Bonnet utilizes the LGD of Pinawa landfill site located off Provincial Road 520. Ph: 204-753-5106
Hours of Operation
- Tuesday 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm
- Thursday 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm
- Saturday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Town of Lac du Bonnet residents will require an LGD of Pinawa landfill authorization card. These can be obtained for free at the Town office.
Landfill Tipping Fees
|Landfill Tipping Fees||For Refuse i.e. construction and demolition materials or furniture|
|$6.00||per garbage bag|
|$40.00||1/2 ton truck or 1/2 trailer|
|$110.00||1 ton truck or 1 ton trailer|
|$180.00||3 ton truck|
|$90.00||shingles single axle tandem trailer|
|$174.00||shingles tandem trailer|
Refrigerators, freezers and air conditioners must be tagged "Freon Free" or "CFC Free" by a qualified technician. Any appliance without this tag will be charged a $50.00 tipping fee to cover the cost of drainage. If your appliance has been drained and tagged, the tipping fee will not apply.
Demolition & Construction Refuse
IMPORTANT - Pre-approval authorization required for the disposal of construction and demolition materials required. Including roofing, shingles, construction debris, cement (forms below).