Assessment Services is responsible for the assessment of all real and personal property in the province, excluding property in the City of Winnipeg, delivered through 10 District Offices. The City of Winnipeg is responsible for property assessment services in Winnipeg.
In Manitoba, property is assessed at market value in accordance with The Municipal Assessment Act. Market value is the most probable selling price of the property had it been sold by a willing buyer to a willing seller. Regular reassessments ensure that property assessments keep pace with real estate market conditions, and taxes are distributed fairly to property owners.
Property in Manitoba is grouped into 10 property classes on the basis of use, and a portion of the assessment is taxed. Property classes and the portion of assessment that is taxed is established by regulation under The Municipal Assessment Act.
2020 Tax Information
|Sunrise School Division||13.729 Mills|
|General Municipal||13.314 Mills|
|Regional Library||0.255 Mills|
|Recreation District||0.469 Mills|
|Fire Department||0.955 Mills|
|Community Centre||0.144 Mills|
|Reserve Replenishment||2.170 Mills|
|Local Improvement 32/04 - Water Plant Upgrade
|Local Improvement 103/10 & 116/10 - Infrastructure||1.351 Mills|
|TOTAL 2020 MILL RATES||2020|
Reminder: Tax dollars due are determined by assessment values. For any additional information feel free to call Municipal Assessment at 204-785-5092
- 2020 taxes are due September 25, 2020.
- Arrears on your tax notice are as at June 30, 2020.
- Post dated cheques are accepted as well as online banking.
- Monthly Installment payments can be made at any time.
- Payment methods include cash, cheque, debit, interac e-transfer.
- If paying online please allow 3 - 5 business days for processing.
- Penalties are calculated @ 1.25 % per month.
Town of Lac du Bonnet
Lac du Bonnet, MB R0E 1A0
Where to Pay:
Town Office (in person or by postal mail)
- Office Hours: 8:30 a.m - 4:30 p.m Monday to Friday
- Royal Bank Of Canada (RBC)
- Credit Unions (Canada) (Locally Sunova Credit Union)
|Grants in Lieu||$278,710.04|
|Allowance for Taxes||$0.00|
|Health and Welfare||$5,000.00|